Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Mondays are not usually good days but yesterday was an exception.

It didn't start too well as I forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair in the shower and only realised when I was trying to blow dry it just before I was due to leave for work. I had to drag my husband back out of the bathroom and stick my head under the shower/over the bath to rinse it properly and then I had to dry it again.

We went out for dinner to my favourite Indian/Thai restaurant. I wore my turquoise sweater dress for Mantaray, black hold ups and my shoe boots. I had my usual hari bhari pattice to start and then the paneer tikka massala to follow. The paneer dish was tasty and quite spicy but had quite a few chunks of other veggies in and not quite enough paneer. We went home and ate some of my heart shaped biscuits. My husband was very impressed with my baking skills :)

Today I had the morning off work to take my pony down to the indoor school. We haven't been in there since before Christmas and since then the mirrors have been put up. She is definitely not keen and even had a ;ittle spook and shoot off sidways at one point. I'm hoping she'll get used to them soon.

Apart from that she was a bit inattentive and very stiff. We started trying to get a forward trot to warm up, then moved on to some felxions/shoulder in/leg yielding in walk. Then we trotted again - the lateral work really improves her trot. We then worked on some 10m circles trying to get some (any!) bend before walking and having a go at some turns on the forehand. I finished of by trying a little in-hand work which I think confused her as, of course, once I get off we are finished... Lead her back home to loosen off my hips as they always get a bit soe and tight after working hard in the school.

RSN tonight. I never like the thought of going but once there I usually quite enjoy it, and it's good exercise of course!