The drive in to work this morning took ages. Just as I set off I heard the traffic news on the radio which said there was a big problem on the motorway so I decided to go the longer way round avoiding the motorway. Unfortunately, so did everyone else. On my way in I saw a field full of miniature ponies all of them wearing tiny purple rugs. If I hadn't have been driving I'd have taken a photo. Then on the outskirts of town there was a horse box with four freisian horses tied up outside a funeral home. They must have been for pulling a hearse. They were standing so quietly and still next to the main road with all sorts of huge traffic going by them, I was very impressed.
At work today I thought I'd try to not use the internet as I am very bad for spending all my day playing on there and getting very little work done. Everything gets done when it's supposed to but I could be much more efficient. I managed until 11.30 - I am an addict! I'll try again tomorrow.
I'm intending to go to the gym tonight on my way home as part of my getting fit campaign. I have decided that even if I don't actually go into the gym, just getting there will be enough as it breaks my habit of sailing on past that motorway junction and carrying on straight home. If I do get into the gym, I'll be really chuffed with myself and will probably aim at the step class that starts at 6.15 with a very friendly instructor.
I'm wearing a slightly different outfit for work today as I've been getting so bored with wearing black pants and a top for months. I have my black cord skirt on with a green, slightly billowy top tucked into it, tights and heels. The make up I'm wearing is Clinique superbalanced foundation, a little revlon eyeliner along my bottome lashes, Barbara Daly mascara and a body shop sheer lipstick which has mostly worn off by now.
The mascara was one I got as a freebie and haven't tried before. My usual one was locked in the bathroom with my husband and I really didn't want to go in there to rescue it so I thought I'd give this one a try. I usually find that mascara just ends up smudged under my lower lashes after about five minutes so I've been sticking to the only one I've found that stays put, which is Boots No7 Ultimate length mascara (I'll have to check that when I get home!). Anyway, a quick look at my lashes in my compact shows that this mascara has also stayed put so far!! My lashes are also looking rather long. I may give this another go tomorrow. I would be very pleased if I've found another good mascara, especially at Tesco prices.
I didn't get chance to blog yesterday but my pony was very good despite the high winds. My mumwalked with me and we just went for a quiet wander round the black for half an hourish. I've also booked the indoor school for next Wednesday morning and the one after.